The third edition of the European Capitals programme will take place in Berlin, London and Rome between June - November 2021. Applications are now open!
The Hertie School, Executive Education (Berlin), the LUISS School of Government (Rome) and the International School for Government, King's College (London), are offering an intensive learning experience for public policy and management executives in three European capital cities.
Initiated and supported by leading personalities of administration and academia, this programme offers a deep understanding of policy and management processes in each capital. Comprising of three 3- to 4-day modules in Berlin, London and Rome, the programme will contribute to building a network among participants heading for future leadership positions.
Applications are open now! Please apply via our online application module: application.hertie-school.org.
After registering, please select "Executive Programmes" in the drop down menu and then “European Capitals” and upload the following documents:
- Your CV (PDF format);
- A motivation letter (PDF format, max. one page);
- For scholarship applicants only: Please provide a link to a two-minute video explaining who you are and why you are the ideal candidate to be selected.
Deadline for scholarship applications: 30 April 2021.
Deadline for regular applications: 25 May 2021.
Applications will be avaluated on a rolling basis.
The three country modules to be held in Berlin, London and Rome will offer practical insights and a state-of-the-art curriculum , including:
- Expertise: high quality seminars by academics employing various interactive learning formats,
- Dialogue: meetings with leading experts from government, business, and civil society,
- Insights: visits to relevant institutions to gain first-hand insights into their inner workings,
- Public Events: invitation to take part in public discourses and engage with distinguished speakers,
- Peer-learning: participants are co-producers of knowledge, co-designers of the process, and co-creators of the outcome.
Given the high degree of interaction among the group, each module will also provide room for discussion, group work and reflections. All modules will include seminars by academic experts, dialogue sessions with leading practitioners, visits to relevant institutions, networking and group building activities.
European Capitals is an executive programme that contributes to building a network among participants bound for future leadership positions. The programme is designed for:
- National civil servants and other government officials who aspire to DG level positions,
- Civil servants from European institutions and international organisations,
- Senior diplomats and civil servants from EU member states as well as from other countries, preferably from Eastern partnership countries,
- Executives from private organisations, business associations, and NGOs.